Single Point Diamond Dressers
Single point natural diamond dressers are the most widely used dressing tools for truing grinding wheels. In most cases they're the only ones which will produce the required results. When chosen carefully and used correctly they can also be the most economical. Single point dressers can be manufactured according to your specifications. Shanks can be modified or designed to meet your specific requirements. Most of these tools are in stock for immediate shipping.
1. Choose the right size diamond for the wheel.
2. Mount the tool with minimum overhang to
3. Mount only in the correct size hole
(7/16" shank in 7/16" holder).
4. Set point at 10 to 15 degree angle pointing
toward direction of wheel rotation.
5. Turn the tool frequently 20 to 40 degrees
to maintain a sharp point. You cannot turn
6. Flood tool with coolant when grinding wet.
Always turn coolant on before starting to
dress, never during. Only dress dry if you
7. Begin to dress at the high point on the wheel.
Proper 10 to 15 Degrees
8. Dress at regular short intervals.
9. Take light cuts, .001" or less per pass.
10. Do not overuse the diamond.